Old 24-02-2008, 07:21 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default New Pond Question

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 12:35:17 CST, Peter Pan wrote:

I built my pond in October of 2007, by the time it was ready for fish it
was too cold so I decided to wait until spring. I initially filled it
only 2/3 now with rain and snow ect; Its pretty much filled up. There
are some leaves in it as I'm sure most pond do this time of year. My
question is this: In the spring after the pond has warmed up, and the
leaves are cleaned out, what do I need to do in order to add fish?
After fish are added, I realize the pond will cycle much like a fish
tank (ammonia, nitrites , nitrates). I guess what I'm looking for is to
be pointed in the right direction.
Thanks

Will you be adding plants to it?
What are your fish plans?
Koi or goldfish?
What kind of filtration did you decide on? (In pond, out of pond, upflow
downflow, etc.?) ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us