Old 25-02-2008, 06:43 PM
mor mor is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Price View Post
Hi all,

This is my first post on the forum so a big hello!!!

I have a copule of quesitions and would appreciate some advice.

1. I have built a raised bed for Vegs, (2.4mx 1.2m x 0.3m) and have used treated timber. I have covered the sides of the timber with a plastic liner so none of the soil will be touching the timber itself. However, below the bed I have driven stakes into the original soil, which are also made of treated wood. Now, considering the new soil will be in contact with the old soil, will the preservatives from wood seep through from the soil below into the soil above?

2. I need to buy soil for the planter and was wondering what is best to get. My mate has just bought soil which is £40 a ton and it cost him £100 to fill his planter! (3m x 1.2m x 0.45m)

Thanks in advice for any advice...
hi. l look this up on line you may wnat to check it up. good luck. let us know how you are doing.
garden.lovetoknow.com/wiki/How_To_Do_Raised_Bed_Vegetable_Gardens - 32k -