Old 25-02-2008, 07:22 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Compost can turn agricultural soils into a carbon sink

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article
,
Bill wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

The real work is to build up our soils. It seems to me and others.

To build up and conserve. Deforestation and fallow fields lead to
erosion of top soil by wind and water, and reduction of rain fall. This
leads to reduced recharging of aquifers, pollution of ground water,
destruction of land and water habitats (including game animals and fish
in the last remains of our commons), and reduction of potable water for
human use.

http://www.amazon.com/Real-Work-Inte...dp/0811207617/
ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1203957584&sr=1-1

or

http://tinyurl.com/25r9uu

Gary Again Sorry as it may seem like think like this. I'd say
consider this take the useful and discard the rest . Then evaluate in a
few years and make more mistakes.

Bill a neat book non the less.

Some Music

Welcome On Earth (To Tom) 5:26 Shed At the Crossroads
Electronic

You're always out flanking me on cultural issues, Bill (thanks, I need
the stretch).

At work, I like listening to music (usually blues) but at home, about
all I want to hear are my wind chimes.

Most poetry and prose either doesn't touch me or makes me work too hard.
That's unfortunate because the poet's eye seems, to me, to be the best
protection we have against banality. The problem is to find art that
speaks to you (in the editorial sense) because all art isn't for all
people.

That is not to say though that I don't occasionally get blown away by
poetry, especially haiku. The last time that it happened was in Peter
O'Tool's movie, "Venus":

Sonnet XVIII,
Shall I Compare Thee?
By William Shakespeare

Shall I compare thee to a Summer's day?
Thou are more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And Summer's lease hath all too short a date:
Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And often is his gold complexion dimm'd;
And every fair from fair sometime declines,
By chance or nature's changing course untrimm'd:
But thy eternal Summer shall not fade
Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow'st;
Nor shall Death brag thou wander'st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou grow'st:
So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.

I love being in love;-)

Thanks for the pointing to Venus!

Bill Dealing with a son with real flu and a dad with post surgery
bowels issues. Come on Spring!

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
ICAO = KMIV Millville Weather