Old 26-02-2008, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default I don't believe it.

Mary Fisher says...
The loud hum it was
making was also impressive - like some noisy electrical
equipment.

Yes, we say they're teddy bears on motor bikes.

I like your description, it seems to sum bumble bees up
nicely :-)

But it's not rational

I know it is irrational but I can live with it :-) I leave
wasps alone unless they come in the house, then it is
swatter or insect spray at the ready. The Mrs is worse than
me, at least my phobia is limited to wasps, she completely
freaks out if anything looking vaguely like a bee or wasp
goes anywhere near her. God help anyone in the vicinity if
she has a cup of tea in her hand at the time - it can land
anywhere!

--
David in Normandy.
subject line, or it will be automatically deleted.