Old 26-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Richard Price Richard Price is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Price View Post
Thanks for that. I've tried to get hold of redwood, such as western red cedar, but nobody seems to stock it in Wales.
After looking at my planter, I've decided on another avenue. I am going to remove the stakes from the bottom of the planter and cover all the wood in a plastic liner, so none of the soil is touching any part of the wood. I can then just sit the planter on top of the undersoil and fill it with proper growing soil.

This should allow me to grow produce without the threat of harmful contaminants and will also save me having to buy more wood and make another planter!