Old 26-02-2008, 03:41 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_5_] Omelet[_5_] is offline

Default and so it begins,

In article ,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

Got into my gardening area for about the first time in two weeks because
the rain has kept me inside. Near giddy with excitement when I saw the
green manure and clover was taking hold. To me that means in about two
months, I can lay down more newsprint, mulch and, start gardening. And
the crowd goes wild.

I'm planning on playing with landscaping fabric this year with mulch to
control weeds.

and I am planning on playing with black plastic ground covers for my
tomatoes and peppers. After last year's cool summer, I'm ready to do
some tweaking.

I'm leery of plastic. Landscape fabric is a weed stop, but allows water
and air through.

I get sick of weeding sometimes. g

How strange. Actually, one of my triumphs last year was mulching, and
crowding plants together to create enough shade to suppress weeds. It
worked. Unfortunenately, it also lead to a rapid spread of leaf curl
among the green beans and the tomatoes. This year the tomatoes and beans
will be separated to different ends of the garden and I'll try parsnips
and peppers together.

Why is it strange to get tired of weeding? When the weeds want to
overwhelm the tomato plants...

but then, you don't have Johnson Grass and I don't want to use weed
killers in my edible plant beds.

Gotta feel good about the under dog Giants. They did it the hard way.
Too bad there can only be one winner. Against any other team, except
Green Bay, I would have been rooting for the Patriots.

I have happy co-workers!

Lucky you. The 49ers may have found a quarterback but the rest is doom
and gloom. We have a meddling owner, John York, and a clueless head
coach, Dick Nolan who can't see that his quarterback is injured when it
is obvious to the rest of the world. There is some hope across the Bay
in Oakland though with the Raiders.

Well, it's Basketball season here now, so we root for the spurs. g

And why are you hanging out on tx.guns if it causes you so much angst?
--
Peace, Om
Remove underscore to validate gmails.

"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have
come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
-- Mark Twain