Old 26-02-2008, 06:16 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Bees

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 21:18:59 -0800, Billy
wrote:

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 08:53:42 -0500, Ann wrote:

Billy expounded:

Look, I only asked what makes organic honey, OK. Secondly, we have been
plagued with nitwits who either say that they don't know the answer to a
problem but they are too busy with school anyway, or we have newbies who
want to start a garden but don't say what kind of plants they want to
grow and don't tell us what USDA zone that they live in. Thirdly, we
have "old timers" who have a personal, political, axes to grind, or we
have people who are disjointed because they have been ridiculed for
being supporters of total disasters like Dixie Ray Lee. Enough already.

Gentelmen, gentelwomen, can we garden now?

Billy, I have no axe to grind with you, but if you want to garden now,
go ahead and garden. I don't recall electing a president of
rec.gardens and both Anne and I have been here for over a decade
posting patiently to newbies trying to find out their
zones. Newbies don't know there ARE zones, let alone know within
which they reside.

Just have patience, it's such a nice way to be.

It is increasingly more difficult year after year to maintain any form
of organic anything. There are strict rules and far too many to list.
It takes three years of rigorous book keeping on every step of pest
management, as well as every single shovel which enters the soil. If
the honey you buy does not say Certified Organic, it is not organic in
the way we mean it. This is a big problem in the industry right now
and has been for quite a while...actually as long as I remember. The
word to look for is "certified" not the casual term "organic."

After the USAD allowed toxic sludge to be used on organic, I don't
believe anything unless I see it below the company's letter head. Then I
can sue their sorry butts if they lie to me. Best know your grower.
--

Billy

Bush, Cheney & Pelosi, Behind Bars
http://rachelcorriefoundation.org/site/