Old 27-02-2008, 01:52 AM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
Penelope Periwinkle Penelope Periwinkle is offline

Default Upside down tomatos

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 09:31:40 -0800, "SteveB"
meagain@rockvilleUSA wrote:

Has anyone ever tried these? Do they work? Could one build some of the
same thing out of say, burlap bags, as I believe they would probably last
only one season anyway?

I got some on sale for Christmas gifts, and kept one. The plastic
is heavy, and I think it will last more than one season. I'm
going to try a couple of 5 gallon buckets, too. I thought I'd
put tomatoes in the bottom and and a chile pepper and cilantro in
the top and have little salsa gardens dotted about the yard.

I even thought about buying one of those hard plastic hanging
flower pots that have openings on the sides and bottom, and
putting some smallish, bushy pepper plants like a Criolla Sella
in there. They're kinda expensive, and the root space would be
pretty limited, so I probably won't. It would look pretty cool,
though.

Or just grow them the right way?

That, too.

Penelope