Old 27-02-2008, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Gardens and moving house

On 27/2/08 12:35, in article , "Kate
Morgan" wrote:

I would appreciate some thoughts on this subject. Our property is mainly
planted up with mature trees and shrubs. I like it that way, friends have
commented on the lack of flowers and bedding stuff, my answer is that there
is always something happening out there and the wildlife love it. We will be
putting the house on the market later in the year and I wonder if I should
do anything to alter the garden, what do people look for and should I tell
peeps that our old pet dog is buried in a shady corner.

kate

Yes about the dog, just in case someone has a terrible shock. It's not a
nice thought but I think it's considerate of you to think of it. As to the
colour, just put some pots or tubs around and then make it clear they'll be
going with you. See what you can find that look nice - real terracotta is
never a taste blunder - and plant them up with things that will be colourful
later - lilies and other summer flowering bulbs, Dahlias etc, perhaps?
Mention the wonderful wildlife, don't draw attention to lack of bedding. If
the garden looks tidy with the lawn cut and the edges 'done', that's what
will be seen most obviously. Lots of people don't want or like bedding
anyway. It's too brash for some and a nuisance to have to keep buying it,
putting it in and taking it out to replace with something else etc.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk