Old 27-02-2008, 02:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default I don't believe it.

"Des Higgins" wrote in message

The very delicate very very long legged spiders (Pholcus phalagioides)
do not bite
but the big hairy scuttling ones can pierce human skin. These are the
really big ones that you get stuck in bath tubs (Tegenaria species)
that people thought came up the plug hole but didn't. They can bite
and cause a reaction (swelling and pain) so I am wary of them although
I have hardly seen any for 4 or 5 years. It is as if they have been
replaced by Pholcus which used only be found along the south coast of
Ireland and UK in these here parts.

Where is 'these here parts'?

I'd like to know more about spiders but it's such a huge subject, I doubt
I've enough time left :-)

Mary