Old 27-02-2008, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default I don't believe it.

On 27/2/08 14:32, in article
, "Dave
Hill" wrote:

On 27 Feb, 14:00, Sacha wrote:
On 27/2/08 13:31, in article
, "Des

Higgins" wrote:
On Feb 27, 12:33 pm, Sacha wrote:

snip
When we were having the
house re-wired some years ago, the electrician withdraw his head from the
floorboards looking very white one day and said "they're breeding with
lobsters down there!".

Some days, I am glad not to be a plumber or electrician.

That was certainly his day for wishing he wasn't!

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon

Many years ago now I was done over by bees,
I was rotovating with a treactor mounted rotovator and went about 3 ft
from 4 hives, they didn't like it one bit.

They don't like to feel people or things bouncing around near the hive and
they don't like their flight path to be blocked, either.

The Drt took around 40 stings from my head, and next day I was back at
work, feeling a little battered, For some reason they went for my head
but not my face,

You're very lucky. I had somewhere between 12 and 16 stings, mainly in my
head, woke in the night feeling as if I had a serious case of flu and next
morning could open one eye only and then just a slit. I was very swollen
and couldn't go out of the house for about 4 days. The doc gave me an
injection and told me not to get stung ever again! Now, in summer I carry
one of those pen things with me.

My own fault.
A few weeks later I was rotovating outside the estate wall when a
swarm came over the wall and went passed me only aboyt 6 ft away. I
didn't stop shaking for almost half an hour.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

When they're in swarm mode they're not interested in much else!