Old 27-02-2008, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Gardens and moving house

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
I would appreciate some thoughts on this subject. Our property is mainly
planted up with mature trees and shrubs. I like it that way, friends have
commented on the lack of flowers and bedding stuff, my answer is that
there is always something happening out there and the wildlife love it. We
will be putting the house on the market later in the year and I wonder if
I should do anything to alter the garden, what do people look for and
should I tell peeps that our old pet dog is buried in a shady corner.

kate

I'd leave it as it is. One never knows what new owners will want to do. We
once sold a house with a gorgeous garden, pond, sitting areas, paths etc.
All was ripped up and put down to grass because they had small
children....

We have our house on the market ATM. It was lots of difference
colours.....didn't sell. the estate agent advised us to 'get up a ladder
and paint everything magnolia' .............still hasn't sold !

Jenny

Jenny, someone somewhere wants your house. It's a case of waiting until they
see that your house is on the market. Been there done that got the furrows
in the brow

No way would a 'non gardener' want my house now. ""I"" would be put off
buying my house because of the state of the garden, BUT, when we opened it
to the public a couple of years ago, it had the 'Wow' factor. How do I know?
Because someone on coming round the corner seeing the layout, colour,
planting said ""WOW""

Kind regards and don't give up hope

Mike