Old 27-02-2008, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jeff Layman Jeff Layman is offline

Default I don't believe it.

Robert (Plymouth) wrote:
"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
Robert (Plymouth) wrote:
"Jeff Layman" wrote in message

Queen wasps? Where did I put that pyrethrin spray?

shouldn't kill them they do a lot of good

If they leave me alone, I leave them alone. But they don't (3 nests
under the tiles in 8 years. You try keeping windows closed in
summer to keep wasps out of the house)

At best wasps are neutral to the environment. They eat anything
they can kill, to feed their young as well as themselves. That
includes good invertebrates as well as bad. If they disappeared from
the earth tomorrow the ecosystem wouldn't notice - other predators
would take up the slack.

That is absolute nonsense

I would be happy to retract if you show me evidence why I'm wrong. In
Africa wild dogs are nearing extinction, but do you think hyenas and the
numerous feline predators would sit back and not eat the extra prey?

--
Jeff
(cut "thetape" to reply)