Old 27-02-2008, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°² ®óñ©  ©  ²°¹°-°² is offline

Default Tree sap question

On 27 Feb 2008 17:06:46 GMT, (Nick Maclaren) wrote
and included this (or some of this):

In article ,
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°² writes:

| 'Tain't so. Sounds plausible, until you think about it. If that
| were so, how would the sap reach the top of a 50' tree? Even a
| vacuum will raise water only 30'.
|
| Then try Osmosis. It's very powerful, and not limited to 30'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osmosis

An old and good physical rule is that, if your explanation allows
you to construct a perpetual motion machine, your explanation is
wrong.

Osmosis still requires energy to drive it.

Osmosis is not perpetual motion. The attractant is fuelled by our
beneficent sun.

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°²