Old 28-02-2008, 12:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Ann Ann is offline

Default I'm no Padraig or Marutchi

joevan expounded:

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 19:37:14 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

Thanks, as I said, there's been little real damage anywhere. One chap
apparently broke his pelvis or something when a chimney pot fell through his
roof but if that was the only injury it's pretty good, I reckon. Far more
people were damaged on the roads yesterday. We ought to get such things into
perspective.

The garden shows zero damage, the few flowers are still shining through
today's gloom, the hens are unaffected it seems and all's right with our
world :-)

Mary

Glad you are ok. The only time I ever experienced anything at all here
in Philadelphia, Pa. USA was about 40 years ago. It was a tremor and
all I noticed at my apartment at that time was that one of the windows
slammed shut with a bang. I can imagine the terror in a big one
though.

Many years ago (back in my first marriage, and the children were quite
young) both of us woke up with a start - we didn't know why, but we
knew something big had happened, it ws precisely at 6:15 am. After
getting up and turning on the TV we found out that a small centralized
earthquake had happened at that time, in the next town over. We are
on an old geological plate and don't get many shakes, when it does
shake, it's small, but it can happen anywhere.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts