Old 28-02-2008, 08:58 PM posted to rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible
jmagerl jmagerl is offline

Default Upside down tomatos

No one has mentioned Harbor Freight yet.
$14.95 not available in their store

"SteveB" meagain@rockvilleUSA wrote in message
I have seen on TV these upside down tomato containers. They look like, and
probably are simple bags that let you grow tomatos in a hanging position
upside down.

I have raised tomatos in Louisiana for about six years, so am familiar
with a lot of the basics. I now live in Utah, and although it is quite a
different climate here, some of the basics apply.

Has anyone ever tried these? Do they work? Could one build some of the
same thing out of say, burlap bags, as I believe they would probably last
only one season anyway?

Or just grow them the right way?

Steve