Old 28-02-2008, 03:29 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
monique monique is offline

Default Can I use a dilute buffer to adjust soil pH?

Thanks, I have a "Wedding Palm" (Lytocaryum
Weddelliana) which always has brown leaf tips
and generally looks sick. I have tried
everything except the soil pH.

PJ

It might be your water. Is your water high in soluble salts? That is
often a cause of leaf tip-burn in plants. It might be time to leach
your soil very thoroughly with distilled or de-ionized water. If the
water that runs out is colored, you have salt build up, which makes it
hard for the plant to absorb water, resulting in water stress. If your
soil is very salty, it may be time to repot.

M. Reed.