Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
Texensis

Default Wildflower ID?

"Terry Horton" wrote in message
| On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 05:52:12 GMT, Karen Kay wrote:
|
| Karen Kay wrote in
| 50:
| I have a bunch of these all over, with lovely purple-pink
| blossoms. What are they? My wild garlic is blooming, too.
|
| Time to go to sleep! I forgot to include the link:
| http://www.rahul.net/karen/plant.png
|
| Thanks for your help.
|
| _Oxalis drummondii_, a native wood-sorrel. Delicate and tough as
| nails.

And a good old-fashioned garden plant. They'll grow in the shade. They
die back when it's hot, after blooming in the spring, and then return
again about this time of year. You'll see similar plants with yellow
flowers--those are also a form of oxalis, and really quite pretty, but
most people regard the yellow sorrel as weeds. They always die back in
the heat as well.