Old 28-02-2008, 03:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Paddy's Pig[_2_] Paddy's Pig[_2_] is offline

Default I'm no Padraig or Marutchi

"Ann" wrote in message

Many years ago (back in my first marriage, and the children were quite
young) both of us woke up with a start - we didn't know why, but we
knew something big had happened, it ws precisely at 6:15 am. After
getting up and turning on the TV we found out that a small centralized
earthquake had happened at that time, in the next town over. We are
on an old geological plate and don't get many shakes, when it does
shake, it's small, but it can happen anywhere.

Boy that's for sure! The largest earthquake in US history was the so-called
New Madrid, Missouri quake back in 1812 before the Richter Scale was
invented. Most people are surprised to hear this because Missouri and the
entire midwest aren't generally thought to be seismically active but that is
incorrect. The New Madrid quake was so big it changed the course of the
Mississippi River.
--
Pat Durkin