Old 29-02-2008, 07:02 AM
Agapanthus Agapanthus is offline
Registered User

Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenni Judd View Post
John, I am not familiar with the specific product you mention, so I don't
know the ingredients. But in general, miticides don't do much against
insects and insecticides don't work well, if at all, on mites -- and the
alleged "combo" products I've found around here don't seem to do much
against either of the damn pests

If you find you need additional measures for the ants, an acephate chemical
(sold under many brand names, Orthene, Isotox, etc.) would be my first
choice. Kenni

"John Benedict" wrote in message
Since the infestation wasn't all that bad... and no visible signs of any
other pests in or around my pots, I mixed a 50% solution of what I use
whenever I notice spider mites (Garden Safe Brand concentrate) and did a
number on everything green...

Hopefully I've knocked them down somewhat... and I'll probably follow up
with a bait in a few days should I notice any trails. Otherwise, I've
had no problems thus far with any insects.

Thanks, again, for all your concern.

John
I always thought that ants on orchids is indicative of an aphid problem mainly because the ant feed on the honeydew that is secreted by the aphids.
I know you already posted that you solved the ant problem, but maybe you should also check for aphids.
Digging in the dirt.
Orchids
Candle Making