Old 29-02-2008, 07:11 AM
Agapanthus Agapanthus is offline
Registered User

Location: Cape Town, South Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Lorenzini View Post
On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 23:47:08 -0000, Kate wrote:
I had been rotating the plant
regularly to maximise light all round, so perhaps the one that died was
towards the window glass during a period when the temperature dropped or
rose too rapidly. If the plant produces spikes next season, I think I shall
move it towards the centre of the conservatory where the temperature is
probably less likely to fluctuate so much.

I think they get confused when you change their orentation too often.

Bob
Regrading the rotation of your orchid:
1. After flowering you should put the Cymbidium orchid plant in bright light.
2. To get the Cymbidium orchids to re-flower you must expose the orchid plant to temperatures below 10°Celsius or 55°Fahrenheit for three weeks with twelve hours or more of darkness nightly. Then raise temperature and give full sun.
These are to two rules that I generally follow with my Cymbidiums. Hope it will work for you.
Digging in the dirt.
Orchids
Candle Making