Old 29-02-2008, 05:45 AM posted to rec.gardens
Scott Hildenbrand Scott Hildenbrand is offline

Default Anyone Getting Anything Good In?

Charles wrote:
On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 21:57:59 -0600, Scott Hildenbrand
wrote:

Just wondering what you all have on order, or plans to buy when you hit
the ground running after the last frost.

I've got.. Oh gosh.. Alot of stuff ordered and coming in. Just got 4
grape vines and 5 blueberry bushes in today. I've got some leaf mold
piled up from the fall leaves that I'm going to mulch them with when I
get them in the ground this weekend.

Bunch of other stuff coming.. Some shrubs, pile of flowers, etc..

So how about you all.. Ready for that last frost?

Impatiens. Got some walleriana 'Bruno" coming up from seed, and a
bunch of trailing 'Fanfair' ordered. A big bunch, the minimum order
is killer.

Fanfare Petunia?? I'd LOVE to try some of that... I've got a hair
brained idea of having planters on the flat roofed part of the house and
having trailing plants grow down from them..

I could swear I had a source spotted for that in the US but now I can't
find it, nor the zone information on it.. Hmm.. Maybe it's not good for
this zone but I was just taken by it.

Oh well.. As for roof watering, be a snap to set up a timed drip
irrigation just for the roof planters since power and water can be so
close. With a little drilling and setup..

Let me know how they work out and if they're water hogs or not..

I'll do seed starting next year most likely.. I've got a spot in my
basement near a window, sump and power that I'm going to end up building
a grow shelf at. For now though, we're doing most from started plants.