Old 29-02-2008, 07:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Potato pots

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 11:19:30 GMT, John T wrote:

thinking of growing earlies on patio, any views about pots or bags

Stack of 3 old Land Rover tyres (255/85R18, so about 10" wide each one)
was pressed into use last year. I think we got more potatoes out than we
planted but it wasn't a huge crop. However the "seed" was old supermarket
eating spuds rather than a true seed potatoe and the compost was the
previous years tomatoe bags and one bag of new peat free compost.

--
Cheers
Dave.