Old 29-02-2008, 11:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
John Benedict John Benedict is offline

Default Why ANTS on my Dendrobiums and Epidendrums, only?

True, and though I always keep an eye out for aphids on new growth and
especially on buds, I've noticed very little activity... thus my
detergent application on those Dendrobiums (and then assuming the ants
were attracted to the soapy solution)...

...and though I know the ants, themselves, aren't a problem with
orchids, I do know they can be carriers of other problems within their
trails...

So, as I mentioned, I'll see how well my application does in the next
few days... and, if needed, I'll apply bait in the direct area of the
pots while continuing with my household applications on the surrounding
areas.

Thanks, again...

John