Old 29-02-2008, 09:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Sugar peas

On 29 Feb, 17:59, David in Normandy wrote:
Nick Maclaren says...

In article ,
Dave Hill writes:
| I have been growing veg for more years than I care to remember, but I
| have never tried Sugar peas.
| I bought 2 packs of seed from Lidl and was supprised to read in the
| instructions
| "Sugar peas are earthed up when they have grown to a height of 15cm
| and from the on a climbing support is needed."
| I've never heard of earthing up peas.
| also on the pack they show the spacing as 40cm by 40cm
| They must be quite something.

Indeed. *Tell us what you find when you climb the peastalk.

If you hear a voice booming "Fee! Fie! Foe! Fum!" climb
back down quick!
--
David in Normandy. * *
*To e-mail you must include the password FROG on the

I'd have thought that at the top of the Peastalk would be a
Bladderwrack,

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries