Old 01-03-2008, 02:32 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Chas Hurst[_2_] Chas Hurst[_2_] is offline

Default well question for nay sayers!!

"Tom J" wrote in message
Bob F wrote:
"rb" wrote in message
Yes. The idea is to get water with no power, at least cost.

Unless the water table is within 22 or so feet vertically of the hand
pump, the hand pump won't work.

http://www.solar4power.com/solar-power-water-pump.html

Look at the 100L hand pump. The one we had back in the 1930's wouldn't
lift 500 feet like this will but it DID do what I said it did!! Some
people just don't have a clue and all they know to do is turn on the
faucet.

Tom J

Those systems place the pump down in the well within 22' of the water. You
obviously are not aware of the physics or mechanics involved with pumping
water. The atmosphere will only support a column of water about 29' high.
It's exactly the same as a mercury barometer. The atmosphere will support a
column of mercury about 30" high and no more.
It's you that hasn't a clue.