Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
cat daddy

Default Buzzards are Leaving

"d.tilson" wrote in message
cat daddy wrote:

I did a quick glance at a website that said Whoopers are the only big
birds that fly with their necks straight and these had straight necks.
Another one said the first sighting in Aransas Pass occurred on the

25th,
with a census count of two Whoopers. If about 50 show up in the next

couple
of days, I'll claim they are my Whoopers.......... }:-)

Not saying they *weren't* whoopers, but we do get a lot of sandhill
cranes through here, too. A lot of people mistake them for whoopers.

http://www.mbr-pwrc.usgs.gov/id/fram...es/h2060p3.jpg

Hmm, the straight neck theory sure seems to have been shot down by that
photo............ However, these guys were white, not grey, although the
black wingtips weren't as dramatic as the photos I found. Thanks for the
picture.