Old 02-03-2008, 01:41 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default Anyone Getting Anything Good In?

On Feb 28, 7:57 pm, Scott Hildenbrand
wrote:
Just wondering what you all have on order, or plans to buy when you hit
the ground running after the last frost.

I've got.. Oh gosh.. Alot of stuff ordered and coming in. Just got 4
grape vines and 5 blueberry bushes in today. I've got some leaf mold
piled up from the fall leaves that I'm going to mulch them with when I
get them in the ground this weekend.

Bunch of other stuff coming.. Some shrubs, pile of flowers, etc..

So how about you all.. Ready for that last frost?

--
Zone 6b, SW KY -http://www.hildenbrands.com
Enjoying the new found space, but secretly wanting more.

I usually don't wait for the "last" frost, it jumps around so much I
just kinda
guess. Sometime in Feb and sometimes in April.......
Anyway I have spinach and Walla Walla onions in since Fall They are
looking good.
Peach and apricot are in bloom as all of the almond orchards
surrounding
us.
I put my tomatoes started earlier into 4 inch pots today. They usually
go
out anytime between Mid March and early April depending on weather.
Will plant some lettuce seeds in a week or so. Peppers and Maters go
outside during day and in at night so far.

Flowerwise, the camellias are in full gorgeous bloom. Early Daffodils
are
fading from the 76 degrees on Thurs. Its back to 60s today. Primroses
and Hellebores are in bloom too. Many things are showing buds now.

I planted Euryops (yellow daisy bush) a Tiarella and Hypericum
Tricolor
last week. Ive been cleaning up from the Big Storm and moving things
(always). Been working about 3-4 hours each day, so come on out,
Cheryl and I'll put you to work!!

Emilie
NorCal