Old 02-03-2008, 07:54 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_5_] Omelet[_5_] is offline

Default and so it begins,

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

I'm not posting much anywhere right now. Just been busy with other
things, so my posting volume is way down overall.

Oh my god, you got a life. I feel so shallow;-)

giggles
Depends on my mood and the time of year.

BTW, keep in mind that Heybub exists to yank chains...

I know, being unemployed at present, I'm probably posting too much but I
only do so when I think I can help, or when I get cranky.

I understand.
My posting volume often goes up on weekends, and vacations.

As you probably noticed I'm posting over at ca.politics. I hope that is
Californla and not Canada. I just got some rants that aren't appropriate
for gardening.

There are some good people who post in tx.guns, just like in
ca.politics, and then in both groups, there are those people who seem to
think the world is for them that think their way. As far as I'm
concerned, if I can be in your dream, you can be in mine.

Absolutely. Makes for fun reads too!

Is there a lot of violent crime in Texas?

Only since Hurricane Katrina.
That is what prompted me to get my CHL/CCW.

I was not alone...

That would explain the gun
thing. Here in Sonoma County, we have more gang members per capita than
in L.A. but for the most part they fight among themselves, with the
occasional innocent bystander. The Mexican gangs get the most press here
but we have white supremists, Crips & Bloods, and motorcycle gangs as
well. Homicides, though, are unusual outside of Oakland, where there are
gangs, drugs, and a whole lot of hopelessness. A president Obama could
fix a lot of that but I'm still voting Green, because I can, because
California will vote Democratic..

I worry a bit about Obama. If he does get elected (which is likely),
there are PLENTY of white supremacist/hate groups/skinheads that'd be
happy to at least try to take him out. Likely he might end up with a
Darwin award.

But then again, maybe not. The Secret Service is not stupid.

Granted, I don't trust him, but it's not because of his color/race. I
don't trust extreme left liberals in general. I've looked at his beliefs
and turning the US over to the UN is not a good thing. :-(

http://www.aim.org/aim-column/obamas...-for-senate-vo
te/

It's funny. At one time in my life, I thought that a 1 world, global
government would have been a good thing. Maybe we'd finally have peace.
But I have to consider what the price would be.

Oh, before I forget, cooking tomatoes makes the lycopene more available
nutritionally. Doesn't taste the same but is healthier to eat.

Yes. :-) I've looked at that too. It's why I buy tomato paste! And have
been trying to incorporate it into our diets more. It makes a good low
carb thickener and has good flavor. I can get it salt free too.

And Garlic Powder is higher in Allicin than fresh garlic...
It sits better on my stomach too. Either one makes my sweat stink of
sulphur tho'. g

Hoping to make another run at milk thistle this year. The "Hounds from
Hell" trampled it last year, just like they are doing to the red clover
between the stepping stones this year. The green manure is doing well, I
guess I'll find out how well in about three months.

I'm just taking the capsules. g But, I would like to grow a patch.
I'm looking into getting some seeds.

Black absorbing heat was my thought originally but the two schools that
did the experiment with clear and colored plastic reported better
results with clear. Logic is always based on the premise. If the premise
is wrong . . . .

Clear made the soil warmer than black? Really?

We, Sonoma County, were asked to conserve water last year. We did so
well that they are raising our rates this year because of a loss of
revenue. I got into trouble, even with my drip.

I get to pay more for "waste water" too, as well as a higher rate for
water usage after a certain amount.

Frankly, that ****es me off.

Been lookin' at the weather maps. Seems like you run 10F ahead of us.
When do you plant?

First part of April. We are often "surprised" with a mid-March frost.

You probably won't see this until you get off work, so I hope your night
went well and you carried to a relaxing sleep quickly.

And I don't always do e-mail and usenet, even on a Saturday. g Depends
on how tired I am. Sometimes it's more relaxing to just cook a good meal
for dad, watch a movie or two, and get caught up on sleep.
--
Peace, Om
Remove underscore to validate gmails.

"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have
come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
-- Mark Twain