Old 02-03-2008, 08:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_5_] Omelet[_5_] is offline

Default Sprouted Onions

In article ,
Puckdropper wrote:

My onions from the store didn't get cooked enough, so now they've sprouted.
I'm planning on planting them, but have never successfully done onion
before. (I tried planting seeds from the store, but that didn't work out.)

Any suggestions or advice? I think I'm in Zone 6, Central Illinois. (I
haven't checked a zone map recently, though, so I may be off by one.)

Puckdropper

The trick to keep them from rotting is good drainage.
I'd suggest raised beds with lots of sand. That is what has worked for
me.
--
Peace, Om
Remove underscore to validate gmails.

"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have
come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
-- Mark Twain