Old 03-03-2008, 12:16 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Watering with soft water

In article ,
John Bachman wrote:

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 07:34:46 -0600, wrote:

what he said.... absolutely. not to mention is very expensive to use soft
water.

Careful! You must qualify your comments. Water that has been passed
through a softening process can be expensive. I pump very soft water
out of the ground, costs but a little electricity.

John

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 00:14:04 GMT, Charles wrote:
For occasional watering it is fine. For steady use I'd avoid it.
Most softening systems replace the calcium and magnesium with sodium.
Plants need calcium and magnesium, sodium is toxic. Over time it will
build up, change the soil properties.

Don't pay any attention to John, Shelly. Have another big glass of your
soft water.

John, we are trying to cull the herd here. Your good sense is just going
to confuse him.
--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi