Old 03-03-2008, 01:55 AM posted to rec.gardens
MajorOz MajorOz is offline

Default Anyone Getting Anything Good In?

On Mar 2, 6:24 am, Jangchub wrote:
On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:27:26 -0800, Billy
wrote:

It's winter time Cheryl. It's winter time. Sorry, but it's true.

When can you normally get into the garden? Six to eight weeks is good
lead time for transplants.

Not in my house where we slept with all the windows open last night.
We'll get one more snap, I'm certain, but we didn't have one hard
freeze (below 27) the entire winter, and barely hit 32 but a few
times, maybe. Everything is coming up. Even pineapple sage!

Going out to Baker Creek Wednesday to get a variety of their heirloom
seeds. Got a $50 gift cert to spend. Getting mostly maters and
peppers, and am trying some new radishes, lettuces, and melons (damn
raccoons!). Jere will try to talk me into some exotic root crops, and
I will probably try one or two. Other stuff is mundane, but lots of
landscaping and flower beds this year -- trellises, fences, arbors,
etc.
Seventy six degrees today and up to TWENTY FOUR inches of snow
expected by noon Tuesday -- damn groundhog.

cheers

oz, setting up the seedling "tent" in the library.