Old 03-03-2008, 01:18 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Skunk ?

On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 18:19:44 CST, kathy wrote:

I think the question should be 'how fast can jan run
when a mad skunk gets out of the pond pump chamber?'
k :-)

Sad news, this skunk didn't float nor swim for long. I think it had been in
there a long time. :-( Barrel wasn't even half full, 5-10 minutes of
elapsed time, and it had given up. The water in that chamber is seriously
brown, I assume from skunk feces. I hooked out the carcass and bagged it up
for trash. Can you say EWWW!

I was really hoping for a feel good story of it swimming and scampering
off, preferable NOT in my direction. Bummer! ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us