Old 03-03-2008, 08:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Blueberry growing!

In article ,
says...

Thank you for the replies everyone. My Sunshine Blue has arrived and I
chose it due to its higher pH tolerance and that it's perfect if
container grown. Also, Sunshine Blues in 1l pots are actually 2 years
old therefore I may get fruit this year!
A question, is it okay to use apple cider vinegar to lower pH in the
soil? Diluted of course.

If they are going in pots or containers I would buy or make ericaceous
soil mix and not muck about trying to change existing soil. I would also
add extra grit to make sure the drainage was good.
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk