Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
Rusty Mase

Default Grackle Removal

On Sun, 3 Nov 2002 04:12:37 -0600, "bobwhite"
wrote:

My son had a wire from the boat to the bird feeder. At the bird feeder, he
twisted the bare wire ends around a fire cracker fuse.

I ran across a patent some time back that used a spring loaded arm
passing over the feeder to brush off unwanted birds. You could
remotely activate it but afterwards you had to go out and cock the
arm.

You could do all of that with an electrically operated arm. But the
need to activate it yourself would always be a drawback. But it might
be possible to use a small video camera and come up with a kind of
color profile signature for unwanted species of birds that would be
more or self actuated. It would just be a matter of software to do
the detection. You could start with any bird that was black.

Rusty Mase