Old 03-03-2008, 02:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ornata Ornata is offline
Registered User

Default Rotten Musa Basjoo

On 29 Feb, 13:21, Rachel Aitch Rachel.Aitch.
wrote:
I'm with Sacha on this one: I split up a newly-bought plant last spring,
brought on the offsets, sold off a couple of them (and got my money
back, hooray!) and the other four have been in my unheated tiny plastic
greenhouse.

They look pretty rotten to me. I think my mistake was in keeping their
compost moist?

But as she says, you lose nothing by waiting a few weeks to see if
anything will sprout again, so that's what I'm planning to do.

Rachel

--
Rachel Aitch

Dormant (as opposed to dead!) banana corms will respond to bottom
heat, i.e. if you stand the pots on a heated propagator base/heated
bench, they will usually sprout, in my experience. (What an odd,
long sentence I've just typed - I must be hungover.)