Old 03-03-2008, 08:42 PM posted to rec.gardens
MajorOz MajorOz is offline

Default Anyone Getting Anything Good In?

On Mar 2, 10:28 pm, Charlie wrote:
On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 17:55:43 -0800 (PST), MajorOz

wrote:
Going out to Baker Creek Wednesday to get a variety of their heirloom
seeds. Got a $50 gift cert to spend. Getting mostly maters and
peppers, and am trying some new radishes, lettuces, and melons (damn
raccoons!). Jere will try to talk me into some exotic root crops, and
I will probably try one or two. Other stuff is mundane, but lots of
landscaping and flower beds this year -- trellises, fences, arbors,
etc.
Seventy six degrees today and up to TWENTY FOUR inches of snow
expected by noon Tuesday -- damn groundhog.

You sure you read or heard correctly?http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...ield&state=MO&...

I agree with your tiredness of this winter, being on the other end of
the state. It sucks here too. Ice played hell with the trees, and
power early Dec. Lookin at a couple of inches of new snow tonite and
the next week of cold again.

Crap.....just went outside for ...relief... and the freekin' ground is
white again. Oh well, guess we must need it, eh?

Just completed my belated order to Rareseeds......gotta love Jere and
all. Marvelous assortment of heirlooms from around the world. Good
prices, good measure, good service.

Care
Charlie

The two feet of snow was what the guys said Sunday. Today they have
pulled back and said ONLY 8-14 inches. It's already sleeting bullets
outside. I just saw a hairy woodpecker at one of the feeders get
zapped by a pellet.
If you ever get a chance, come to Baker Creek (he is trying to
popularize the name "Bakersville" now) on the first Sunday of the
month. There are exhibits, schmoozing, and LOTS of music (may even
hear me). Naturally, in the hotter months, there is more to do, but
it is always worth the effort.

cheers

oz, sipping tea through gritted teeth while staring out the window