Old 03-03-2008, 05:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_5_] Omelet[_5_] is offline

Default Newbie advice needed

In article
,
Billy wrote:

Forget growing chiles inside unless you are prepared to buy some heavy
duty growlight$. In which case you could probably get them cheaper from
an organic market.

I concur.

Why would anybody want to sterilize compost, providing it had gone
through hot composting to begin with? Is this homemade compost or bagged
compost?
--

Billy

I don't know what he is using, but the only reason I'd ever sterilize
compost is if I was going to use it to grow mushrooms. It's recommended
even for Oyster Mushroom starts even when using mostly nitrogen enriched
paper.
--
Peace, Om
Remove underscore to validate gmails.

"Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have
come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
-- Mark Twain