Old 03-03-2008, 05:10 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default well question for nay sayers!!

"Tom J" wrote in message
Bob F wrote:
"rb" wrote in message
Yes. The idea is to get water with no power, at least cost.

Unless the water table is within 22 or so feet vertically of the hand
pump, the hand pump won't work.

http://www.solar4power.com/solar-power-water-pump.html

Look at the 100L hand pump. The one we had back in the 1930's wouldn't lift
500 feet like this will but it DID do what I said it did!! Some people just
don't have a clue and all they know to do is turn on the faucet.

Those units put the pump at the bottom of the well, so they are pushing the
water up, not "sucking" it up, overcoming the air pressure limits. Unless the
O.P. has room in his well for such a pump, it won't work. He can't just hook a
pump to the water pipe from the well, which is what I interpreted his question
to be asking.