Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
animaux

Default Grackle Removal

On Sun, 03 Nov 2002 22:38:48 GMT, cshardie wrote:

I heard on a tv program (National Geographic something or other) that
more and more crows are moving into urban areas. They didn't seem to
know whay. Neither do I, but I have noticed more around here (Highland
neighborhood) the last year or two.

I like them (I'm weird, I like grackles, too... they look like tiny
dinosaurs striding through the lawns looking for prey) but it would
still be interesting to find out why there are more lately.

Crows and ravens are among the most intelligent birds. They are smarter than
parrots, believe it or not. I don't believe it is them moving into urban areas,
rather we are building in their territory. We have a flock of crows, about 15
or so, who live in an area between Gattis School Road, down 122 to 79. They
come to my property daily and I love them. They plant seeds in my lawn, which I
love.

The only thing I don't care about grackles is the incredible noise a flock can
make (if large) and their excrement is unusually gigantic. Grackle spackle.

So I don't find you weird because I like them very much, too.

Victoria