Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
cshardie

Default Grackle Removal

animaux wrote:
Crows and ravens are among the most intelligent birds. They are smarter than
parrots, believe it or not. I don't believe it is them moving into urban areas,
rather we are building in their territory. We have a flock of crows, about 15
or so, who live in an area between Gattis School Road, down 122 to 79. They
come to my property daily and I love them. They plant seeds in my lawn, which I
love.

I've heard they're smart. Doesn't surprise me, really. Grackles are
pretty smart, too. I've seen them leave pecans in streets to be run over
by cars. Not often, but more than once.

We probably are incroaching on crow territory more than they're moving
into ours, but my neighborhood's 50 years old and I never saw crows
until the last 2 or 3 years. And they're a bird I'd notice. They're
cawing immediately takes me back to trips to the country when I was a
kid I think it probably goes both ways. I'd just be interested to
know why they'd move toward town when disturbed (if that's what's
happening) instead of moving away into what country is left.

--
Suzanne http://cshardie.tripod.com
If war is the violent resolution of conflict, then peace is not the