Old 04-03-2008, 12:41 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,rec.gardens
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Watering with soft water

In article , "Dioclese" NONE
wrote:

"SteveB" meagain@rockvilleUSA wrote in message
news

"Dioclese" NONE wrote

Any special notes on soaker hoses for this
situation?

--
Dave

Not sure about where you live, but here, the irrigation water is not
filtered to a high degree. Fill a glass gallon jug and see if it has
sediment or organic materials. This will clog up a soaker from the
inside.

Steve

Central TX, rural hill country west of IH35.

Do have calcium etc from limestone in well water. Not really concerned
about that since the soil is similar due to runoff from rain. I have a
sediment filter, hydrogen gas filtration bottle (aerator), and a whole-house
carbon filter running inline to the house.

I saw one of those "what ifs" on an educational channel on TV. Evidently,
the earth ODed on hydrogen sulfide gas sometime in the past. Killed pretty
much everything land and sea. There's potential for that to happen again.
The gas is bad ju-ju in concentrations.

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?cha...ID=00037A5 D-
A938-150E-A93883414B7F0000

Thus, the soaker hose question
about water with hydrogen sulfide gas. Picture in my mind about a soaker
hose is like a holding tank, intermittently burping pure hydrogen sulfide
gas in concentration.

--

Billy

Impeach Pelosi