Old 04-03-2008, 12:45 PM
Grassman Grassman is offline
Registered User

You have poor air movement through your turf which is encouraging the moss.
I wouldn't start again because you will effectively ruin any soil structure you may already have.
When the ground is dry, push a garden fork deep into the surface to 'open it up' a little. This should be done as many times as is possible over the entire lawn area.
Then, give the moss a good raking over to remove as much thatch as possible exposing some soil, overseed with a good quality dwarf ryegrass based seeds mixture, roll well, then finally feed at least 2-3 times a year.
Do not use moss killer on new grass seedlings, it will burn them up.
Given that you have very sandy soil which is prone to fertility losses I would mulch all your clippings back onto the ground to recycle as many nutrients as possible. This will also encourage worm activity and keep your soil 'open' to some extent.
TheGrassSeedStore.co.uk