Old 04-03-2008, 10:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John Rye John Rye is offline

Default Tomatoes

Hello Jabber

In article ,
Keith \(Dorset\) wrote:
Hi,

We grew Beefsteak and Sweet Million last year.

The Beefsteak were fine for chopping up in chutney - but really tastless.

The Sweet Million (cherry type) were extremely tasty in salads etc.

Good luck.

"Jabber" wrote in message
Hi, I am thinking of trying to grow Beefsteak toms this year (want to
avoid pips) can anyone recommend a good tasty variety. Thanks

For the last 4 years I have been growing Yellow Oxheart which I got from HDRA
Heritage Seed Library. Allegedly it was raised in Virginia USA, in 1915, and
for me in East Anglia grows well both inside the greenhouse and outside, and
has to me a good flavour. Of course it is an orangy yellow colour.

John

--
John Rye
Hadleigh IPSWICH England