Old 04-03-2008, 10:47 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default A bit of colour on a dull day-8525

"Marutchi" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message

I'm now seriously freaked out!

Oh, I'm sorry, I hoped to be comforting :-(

But I do thank you for the information, gives me something to mull over.
LOL my other problem is that there are no winter clothes in our shops as
yet and I most certainly will need to buy some.

There are lots of clothes shops here, with very good prices.

I'm not much interested in clothes, I weat jeans or shorts and sweat shirts
or t shirts according to the weather. But a fortnight ago we were given six
days' notice of a daughter's wedding in Wales and I assumed I'd wear just
the Frock, a 1970s blue paisley cotton shirwaister which is wheeled out for
all such events. And I did wear it during the day. But I'd also gone into a
charity shop near home and bought lovely gold shirt, then when we were in
Wales another charity shop provided some stunning gold trousers which I had
to shorten. I looked a million dollars - to the astonishment of daughter -
at the evening meal for less than £8. Charity shops are wonderful and they
abound everywhere. Clothes are ready to wear, cleaned and pressed. They're
perfect for instant and appropriate clothing for any occasion.

I'll be in London for one day, then on to the Europe for 7 days, then back
to London, up to Scotland via Edinburgh via Stratford, York & Darlington,

That sounds like a railway timetable, are you stopping off at York? If so it
would be nice to meet you however briefly. I can't see that any tour would
include Darlington, it's not a sight-seeing place :-(

back to London via Grasmere, Windermere, Chester, then 2 days in London,
then return home. A lot crammed into short time,

It's a frightening itinerary! I really think that you'll be fine. If you
wear trousers pack them, have a jacket to hand and as long as you have
gloves, hat and scarf (and umbrella) in case it's too cold for you (I doubt
that it will be in April) then you'll be able to keep warm without packing
too much bulk.

that is of course if I actually go. Although I booked last December,
already my original tour of Europe, has been cancelled, I'm booked on
another tour, but who knows what may happen.

Well, of course the sky can fall on our heads at a moment's notice but most
of the time it doesn't :-)

I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay, it will be so different from anything you
know that you won't notice the weather. If there IS unusual weather while
you're here you'll be able to dine out on it for ever :-)

I'm still boring folk with What I Did When I Went To America to say nothing
of Our Times In Iceland. America was 1990 and 1993, Iceland was 1997 and
2000!

In July/August we're going on a cruise - to the Arctic (round Spitsbergen).
I'm not worrying about clothes though, except having something posh enough
to wear in the evenings :-)

And wondering about whether to buy a new camera ...

Mary