Old 04-03-2008, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Starting things off in Greenhouse

On Mar 4, 2:57 pm, judith wrote:
I am quite keen on trying different things this year. I do not have a
big garden so I am more interested in quality rather than quantity. To
this end I like to start things off in the greenhouse.

What do people think to starting cabbages, sprouts, broccoli and the
like in the greenhouse? Is it worth it? Any tips?

We don't have a greenhouse at this house at the moment. Usually the
season has already started and my husband will have sown the seeds
under heat in the greenhouse. Of course you can also grow all your
own annuals, mine are sown but unfortunately no greenhouse here in
France, so it's a table in the barn for the moment until we get one.
Where do you live Judith? that would have some bearing on how early
to sow certain things.

Judith