Old 04-03-2008, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default compost

On 4/3/08 16:47, in article ,
"judith" wrote:

If people use compost for starting seed off in a greenhouse - do they
use general purpose compost or "seed planting" compost?
Does it matter?

It's important to use seed compost because it won't over feed your
germinating seedlings. Some/many seedlings won't even germinate in ordinary
compost and as my husband says, "don't save pennies and waste pounds".
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk