Old 04-03-2008, 04:02 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default March!!!

grump
Damn, I hate this time of year! All those smug southerners talking about
Spring. We've just had our thaw - now we'll be back in for another 4 weeks
of winter. It's always a laugh on Groundhog day when they say "Six more
weeks", because six weeks would be a record short winter!
/grump

denizen wrote:

On Mar 3, 1:45Â*pm, ©anadian Ponder " wrote:
The fish are down there somewhere.

Never lost a fish yet over the winter in 5 years

You must be in the banana belt of southern Ontario, eh? They can even
grow grapes there. Here we have zucchini and bears .
d.

I lived in Southern Ontario for 20+ years - and many friends have
vineyards - and yet temperatures routinely got to -20C and winter often
didn't end before mid-April (I remember one entire April commuting to
Michigan through snow storms). I never lost a _significant_ fish, either,
though I'd often find a 5cm or smaller goldfish frozen in the ice.

btw, what colour are the bears? :-)
--
derek