Old 05-03-2008, 03:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default Hanging plants

Billy wrote:
I have four hanging baskets that I want to plant with something. It's a
toss up between strawberries and flowers. I could us some advice on the
type of strawberry or some help in finding flowering plants that will
cascade. Nasturtium is one choice because it already grows like a weed
here. I'm in USDA 9b, 70 miles north of San Francisco, in the costal
hills, the baskets will get 6 - 8 hrs of full sun and some partial sun.

Thanks for any help.
--

Billy

Sweet potato vine
Morning Glory
Lobelia
Sedums small ones cascade over edge
Angelina is a newer one that is a bright lime/
chartreuse
Sweet Alyssum
Portulaca
Nierembergia