Old 05-03-2008, 01:12 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Frank Frank is offline

Default Deer sighting

On Mar 4, 6:43*pm, "Srgnt Billko" wrote:
"Frank" frankdotlogullo@comcastperiodnet wrote in message

. ..

Srgnt Billko wrote:
I was getting a little concerned because it has been weeks since I've
seen any deer at my remote property - a few tracks but no deer. I was
afraid the winter had taken it's toll. But this afternoon a herd of 6 was
there to greet us when we drove out to collect the maple sap. A welcome
sight.

Except for the venison steak I had for lunch, I'm not seeing them either..

But, at this time of year, ivy close to house is in ruins from their
eating it

Frank

You shot Bambi ? - Shame on you ! *chuckle

Unfortunately, not the ones that ravage my yard. Drives me nuts. You
oughta see the place in October when my chestnut tree drop nuts.
Looks like a stockyard with torn up lawn and deer droppings ;(